Friday, January 14, 2011

Sheet Rock n' Roll!

The rest of the drywall was hung yesterday, and it looks absolutely fabulous! The pictures honestly do not do it justice, so we're excited for our first visitors. It actually looks like a house and is coming together. When I stopped by this morning, they were taping and mudding, and of course, I managed some how (without touching anything of course) to get drywall mud all over my coat! Ugh! It is well worth it as this just means we're one step closer to moving in.

Also, the chimney was unveiled yesterday, however, I forgot the camera and was only able to snap a few pictures with my phone.

Mudroom with first coat of mud and tape.

View from living room into kitchen. Can't wait to see the railing and spindles installed. :)

View of the living room.
 
Future dining room. This happens to be one of my favorite spaces! I can just picture the finished room with the rustic/modern chandelier and farmhouse table.
 
View of the foyer area from the kitchen.

Kitchen. This space will be awesome once the cabinetry and appliances are installed. I'm still in shock that it's all coming together so quickly!

 
Another view of the living room.
  
View of the staircase from the foyer.


The foyer area. Entry closet and powder room are on the right.

This is the 4th bedroom in the basement. It was so nice and warm down here - it barely felt like a basement.

Basement family room. I foresee a nice big TV in Brad's future! :)
 
The other part of the family room. This would make a nice play area or office space.


Basement bathroom. The ceiling had to be lowered due to the duct work. I wish we would have had an idea of where the duct work needed to be run as it might have made a difference in the planning phase. I suppose it's a necessary evil. For most people, it probably isn't an issue, but for us tall folk, it seems a little short. Luckily there are other bathrooms to choose from!

View of the finished stonework on the chimney.

View of the back of the house from the bottom of the driveway. See the door that the drywallers left open. Yes, the heat was on too. You suppose I could send them my heating bill?

Another view of the chimney from the car.

This is a photo of the kitchen I took yesterday right after the drywall had been hung. The brown kraft paper helped me envision what the place will look like with the hardwood flooring.

View of the living room from the dining room - just after everything had been hung.

No comments:

Post a Comment