Thursday, April 7, 2011

Black and Red

The front and mudroom door were installed today.  These may not seem like "big" things to the majority of you, but these items mean a lot to me.  I think I have a new favorite focal point of the home.  The front door really gives me a sense of nostalgia as well as our new start in our home.  Erin and I talked and looked over so many ideas for the front door, and our first thought became our last in the end.  Someday she will probably go through all of the inspirational ideas that helped us put together our dream home, and I promise the front door was one of the key cornerstones of this build.  It really was the starting point for the whole crazy idea of building something for us and our families.  I can remember two years ago looking at a single picture of a front door that was the first stepping stone of many that would turn into a walkway of innovative and smart ideas.  The mudroom door also tells a bit of a story.  Everytime we walk out of our home and leave for the day, or for a trip, and then return we will be reminded of the love in our home.  We look forward to having all of you experience the same feeling.














No comments:

Post a Comment